Learn How to Make Sock Puppets Here
A Sock is a wonderful thing. It can warm a foot, that's for sure. Better yet, it can become a zillion different critters. Sock puppets are easy to make.
All you need to do is start with a sock.
1. Put the sock on your hand so that your fingers and thumb are in the toe and the back of your wrist is in the heel.
2. To make room for your puppet's mouth, make a slit in the sock between your thumb and fingers.
3. Cut an oval 3 inches across and 5 inches long...make that 2 ovals, one of posterboard or milk bottle plastic-something semi rigid and one of fabric.
4. Glue the fabric oval to the posterboard (rigid) oval with white glue.
5. After the glue has begun to dry, fold them in half the short way.
6. Sew folded oval into your sock. Finally, your puppet can talk.
7. Now the fun begins! What your puppet becomes depends on you. Think eyes, hair, ears, hats, moustaches, beards, eyebrows, noses, collars, neckties, shirts and dresses.
These puppets are fun and extremely loveable. Try Them.
Reproduction of this material without written permission is strictly forbidden.
© Legends & Lore, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legends & Lore, PO Box 8046, Rapid City SD, 57709phone 800-888-1495, fax 605-343-8226